>

Monday, May 21, 2012

Painting and Jamming

We have had a busy couple of weeks and I thought the 3 people who read this would like to see some pictures instead of me just ranting on about nothing.  

Every year I make strawberry freezer jam and I seem to get a little more obsessive about it each time.

So I made 35 jars in all.  It was a very productive/therapeutic mother's day weekend  making jam and spending time with family!!!!! 

S and I went had to pick up sugar before I made anything because we were OUT. He dropped me off at the grocery store and drove around the shopping center parking lot.   Somehow he got a little distracted when he saw A.C. Moore and decided to go in, so while I waited out front of Food City, S decided he was going to take up painting...like on a canvas. He picked me up and we went back to A.C. Moore to pick up some supplies.


When I asked him why he was going to start painting he replied "I need to start engaging my right brain", he was dead serious, I love my husband...he likes to learn new things and keep me on my toes.  Here is his first masterpiece. I think it is fabulous...He painted a canvas full of  neon shapes first and it was so fun, it looked like a background from "The Teletubbies" or a Jelly Bean ad so he didn't like it and he painted over it, this is what he did instead. LOVELY!




This weekend we got to visit with some of our most favorite friends and while I was getting everything straightened up so that they could see our almost completely remodeled master bedroom/bathroom this little guy jumped up on the bed so I couldn't finish making it.


This concludes my recent weekend review. 
Happy Summer!


1 comment:

  1. Seth is cracking me up! I think he should be a painter, oh oh, like that guy that remodels rooms and then always paints something for them. That guy is super gay though so don't be like that part. You know who I'm talking about- short, muscular, dark hair- I think he might have won the room design challenge show....

    ReplyDelete