>

Monday, April 23, 2012

Try Better?


I realize I haven't blogged in ohhhhh 2 years but I have been urged by a member of my support group/trust tree a.k.a. the girls I meet on Fridays for "elated hour" at local Mexican eatery to blog, so here goes.

So if you know anything about me you know that I work with special kids, more importantly I work mostly with students who are on the Autism Spectrum. I go into lots of classrooms and schools; I work with AMAZING men and women on a daily basis and LOVE my job. God made me to work with these kids; this is my purpose, my calling and most importantly my passion. There are no words to describe loving what you do the way I do, but there are days when I walk into a room, a Sunday school class, hang out with my friends and their kids, or any other situation I may be in where adults are instructing, teaching or nurturing children and want to scream "DON'T SAY THAT, IT MAKES NO SENSE AND DRIVES ME CRAZY'! With that said...before I post these comments please remember these are only my opinions and do not reflect any organization and/or person I work for or with. :)

So without further ado here are my thoughts on saying "try better".

Try Better?... I need someone to explain to me how exactly one can "TRY BETTER"? Actually I want someone to explain to me how I can try better because let me assure you that if I trying at all, I am TRYING my best, I am doing what I can and I am putting forth all the effort and cognitive ability in me at that given moment. Now that does not mean that at a different moment my effort would not be more or less than what I am giving you right then but for goodness sake if I am trying I CANNOT PHYSICALLY TRY BETTER! I believe that we should get credit for what we are doing and we should be held accountable for what we are NOT doing therefore if I am not trying please don't tell me to "try better"; give me a hug, redirect me and please convince me to TRY! If you could do this I would really appreciate it, and I promise on a daily basis when I see you or when I see a precious child I am working with I will do all I can to help them try and more importantly I will do my best to assist and scaffold them to success. Most of all please see that if we are "trying" we are doing.

Finally,I would like to quote one of the most intelligent beings there has ever been.  In the words of Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Stay tuned for next time: "don't be ugly".

Night.



1 comment:

  1. You make me want to "try" not better but to be better! You rock at your job and inspire others!

    ReplyDelete